Monday, January 08, 2007

Injuries

I'm injury prone. It's a harsh truth, but one I've come to cope with over time. I asked my physio once why it might be so, and she said it's because I have joints which 'hyper-extend' or some-such. I think she was being kind. Mind you, I do have flat feet, and I don't think that helps at all, what with the pressures on the ankles, knees, groin, back and all sorts. Anyway, for those who want to feel smug in their injury-free lives, here's a quick run-down of all the injuries in my life so far:

broken wrist (aged 12, trying to save a penalty)
broken collar bone (aged 13, falling over in the box a la Cobham)
broken wrist, again (aged 13, can't remember how)
broken big toe (aged 15, 'moshing' in my mate's bedroom)
numerous heavily sprained ankles (aged 19-25, all playing football)
cracked rib (aged 25, when we lost 10-0 to East Oxford, and one of them kung-fu kicked me)
groin strain (aged 26, when we beat North Oxford and I got booked for calling the ref 'surreal')
sprained medial ligaments, right knee (aged 27, trying to foul someone v Testworth)
ruptured anterior cruciate ligament, left knee (aged 28, err, jumping in the air and landing)

Oh dear, I'll stop there. I think I'm getting a bit Martin Scarfe.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home