Thursday, January 11, 2007

Ramblings

It's been seven days since my op - this time last week I was babbling incoherently to some poor chap opposite me in the recovery ward. Gawd knows what I was saying (off my bonce on anaesthetic you see), but he gave me one of those polite smiles that told me I was being a fool.

Incidentally, anaesthetic's a bluddy larf, innit? I dunno how much they gave me, but I lost four hours of my life, and I was proper groggy afterwards. Could barely chew a digestive. And then I got the shivers - I was chatterin and jumpin til they put about eight blankets on me. A couple of hours later they complained that I had a temperature - that bed was a warm and sweaty place, let me tell you.

Anyway, I'm nearly off crutches now, though I still haven't really done more than walk up and down the stairs. I get occasional pangs up my hamstrings, and inside the knee, and I have a weird numb patch on my shin, too. I can't bend the knee much past 90 degrees, though that's normal I think. I'm taking the dressings and steri-strips off on Monday, when I'll get to see what state my knee's in. I'm still taking painkillers and stuff, and just getting as much rest as I can.

So what have I learned this past week?
- Your toes go numb if you sit around with your leg up all day
- I have two and a half days of music in iTunes
- If someone rips out your hamstrings, it hurts afterwards
- It's still embarrassing to watch sex scenes on telly with your parents in the same room
- A flight to Thailand in April could cost £450
- You can get 10 hours of sleep a night and still feel tired
- Baths are not as good as showers
- There's a football team called the Swindon Badgers
- Nurses are great
- I shouldn't watch Liverpool play Arsenal
- Alex Cobham should keep his trap shut

I've learnt more than that, I'm sure. Hmmm. I'll write more tomorrow...

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What sort of file was that 'trap' link? Didn't seem keen to open.

10:44 PM  
Blogger Badger said...

It's just a normal web page, picture of Cobham's beard

2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home