Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Orthotics

So, it's been, like, 12 weeks or something now, hasn't it? I'm sure you can tell me for certain. "What news?" I hear you cry. Well, the knee is as stiff as an ageing, arthritic badger. I get pains down the hamstrings every so often, and it stiffens up when I don't do my exercises. I've been down the gym a a few more times, doing a combination of cyclings, light joggings and cross trainings (incidentally, has anyone ever spent a significant amount of time on a cross trainer? It has to be the most pointless of all the pointless things in a gym). I'm doing weights, too. They're pointless, too.

I'd like to say I'm keeping trim, but I'm not. I'm getting a bulge, which I'd like to say is manly, but it's not. I'd also like to say I'm playing football next week, but I'm not. It's been frustrating watching the merry antics of my team of late. They have been, in a word, rubbish. But in many other ways, they've been beautiful. Oh, how I miss it. I miss getting thumped by mediocre teams. I miss hilarious defensive mishaps. I miss the idiot chopsy teenage opponents. I miss the gay banter in the showers. Oh woe is me.

Still, at least I'm keeping up with my circuits for cripples down the Nuffield. It's actually brought a worrying development in the injury-rollercoaster that is my life. You see, I have these feet. Yes, two of them. Flat as a pancake, they are. Some of the physios reckon that could be one of the reasons why I've had a few injuries in my time. But also, they've been giving me extra gip of their very own. You see, I have to do all this balancing on one leg as part of my exercises. It don't half cause me foot to hurt.

I talked to the physio woman, and she say I need to see orthotics. They're the feet people. Maybe they'll give me some orthotics. Maybe they'll get me do to some more exercises. Maybe they'll give me a gait analysis (I'd like someone to analyse my gait). Maybe this will put my rehabilitation back. All these maybes, eh? All this uncertainty. Oh woe.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Yr Chairman said...

Woe. Uncertainty. Maybees. What about trying Whisky and Song?

6:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home