Monday, January 15, 2007

Bravo

Today's the day I took my dressing and steri-strips off, 10 days after my ACL reconstruction op. Thought everyone would like to see what state my knee is in. Nice, huh?

These are the steri-strips. Pretty, don't you think? It was agony taking off the dressing. I don't think there's one hair left on my knee. Ouch, ouch, ouch. You can put ripping massive plasters off in my room 101, any day.

And here's the knee in all it's glory. First daylight it's seen for 10 days. Nice to feel a draft on it, too.

I've got to say, doctors are flippin' clever, aren't they? They 'harvested' a hamstring, somehow screwed it in to the middle of my knee, and only left two marks - a neat little hole, and a tidy strip. Imagine the mess if we tried to do that. Scabs and blood everywhere. Bravo modern science, that's what I say.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Yr Chairman said...

That's one beautiful knee.

6:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely knee indeed. Although I like the one on the hamstring harvesting link too.

12:57 PM  
Blogger Badger said...

Know what you're saying. Yo've got love that smooth yellow knee, man.

2:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home