Friday, January 19, 2007

Things # 2

As I draw ever closer to the frightening monster that is Going Back To Work On Monday, I'm trying to switch on all my positive thoughts to make it a less harrowing experience. To that end, I'm doing away (at least for a day or two) with my Room 101 obsession, and concentrating instead on the many things that make me happy. So without further beating around the proverbial, here are a few of my favourite things:

The few occasions I lie in
Swindon Town
Fish pie
Nurses
Steven Gerrard
The AA
Stephen Fry
Sing-a-longs, including banjos
Weekend newspapers (well, The Observer and The Guardian at least)
Physiotherapists
The Office Christmas special when Dawn and Tim get together and Brent tells Chris Finch to fuck off
Badgers
Guinness
The Black Swan
Porridge
Watching / playing for / drinking with Union Street FC
Single malt whisky
Not being at work
The A420
White Horse Hill
Munching Italian food, drinking wine and getting merry in Italy on a warm summer evenin
Communigate
Yorkshire puddings
Jonathan Winkler
The Thames
Friendly Germans at the DAM
Funny beards
My new friends at Test Match Special

Oh well, I couldn't resist it, a few more things I don't like:
Standard lower league footballers' haircuts, with dyed bits, quiffy bits, and idiot bits
Noel Edmonds
Bridget Jones' Diary
Sex In The City
Harry Potter
Wind
Mild winters
Women wearing suits with shorts
Tattoos

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home