Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Football

Ah, football. Guaranteed to take your mind off injuries, work and Room 101. This is where I was on Saturday...

Bright sunshine, blue sky, a winter's day and the finest example of the beautiful game: Union Street FC v North Oxford Reserves, in the RT Harris City League Division One. The location? The magnificent Sandy Lane, Oxford. The home of football. Kind of. Note: fully-engorged gas tower, low-key dressing rooms and U.S.F.C warming up.

More of that funky sunshine. Jumpers for goalposts, the thrill of the chase, balls in the air, long throw-ins... Kinda warms the heart, doesn't it?

Our bored goalkeeper Danny Kavanagh. See the gas tower a bit closer up. That's Tesco's car park just behind there, you know.

Danny K clears his lines. Nice action shot, eh? Rather pleased with that. My hands was bleedin freezin though. Should've taken my gloves if I wanted to take photos, shouldn't I?

Ol' Rich 'straight leg' Adams chases for the ball with some other folk. Just so you know, the mighty Union Street won 7 - 1, which is pretty much unheard of. When I started playing for them we were more likely to lose 10 - 0 than win anything. Shows how things change, eh? Hmmm?

The knee's hurting a bit, and the docs should really warn you that losing a bit of hamstring really HURTS afterwards. I'm really paranoid that I'm going to do something that ruins the new ligament. I'm walking around with straight legs (bit like Rich above) and hoping that it doesn't twist and break again. I'll find out if the op has worked for sure in a few weeks...

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Yr Chairman said...

Tha's us, that is!
Sonsie!
Timorous!
Sleekit!
None of your fricasee round here!

5:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home